The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust
- SwitchPath™ design allows driver to select volume
- In-cabin remote toggle for SwitchPath™ Exhaust
- Power gains of +20 hp / +16 ft-lb peak crank
- 25 hp / 28 ft-lb @ 4700 rpm
- 24 lb weight savings with SwitchPath™ System
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
NOTE: There is a special bracket required for fitment on R Tronic Transmission equipped cars. Customers with R Tronic should make a special note in their order
The Audi R8 4.2L SwitchPath™ Exhaust sets a new standard. Beyond the hand crafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special: The R8 4.2L Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through a central muffler, keeping sound tame and drone free.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves open and the system is unleashed – going into "straight pipe" mode.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath™ Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust line has set a new bar. SwitchPath™ Exhaust highlights include:
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- Uses Factory Tips
- No CEL with full system or straight pipes
- German Engineered control valves
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- One piece, full bolt on system means easy and reversible installation
- Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- Lifetime Warranty